OpenOffice fanfic macros - right click save
Instructions (these are also at the top of the file):
- Open the file in a text editor like Notepad or TextEdit
- Edit the four places in AddStoryHeader at the top of the file where it says YOUR [X] HERE -- if you don't have an LJ/DW/AO3 make those blank
- Open up a doc file in open office
- Go to Tools -> Macros -> Organize Macros -> OpenOffice Basic (screenshot)
- Copy and paste the contents of the file into the Basic editor that will open up
- Save and close
- You should now be able to access these macros via Tools -> Macros -> Run Macro
- You can also set up toolbar buttons for them via Tools -> Customize -> Toolbars tab
- When you run the macro "Convert for LJ" it will save a .txt version of your file in a format that you can copy and paste into an LJ/DW/AO3 post.
- When you run the macro "Convert for Website" it will save an .html version of your file suitable for uploading to your own fanfic website.
- When you run the macro "Convert In Place" it will change all the italics/bold/etc right in the doc file itself.
There you go! Warning: I totally do not have time to support this if you run into trouble, so sorry in advance; hope it is useful for some of you anyway. :)
You can also read this entry on Dreamwidth ( comments)